I'm still waiting for my invitation, but a source passed this along to me:
Please Save The Date
The Portrait Unveiling of Secretary Spellings
Date: Thursday, December 18, 2008
Time:?? 3:00 P.M. - 5:00 P.M.
Location: Lyndon B. Johnson Building, Barnard Auditorium
U.S. Department of Education
400 Maryland Avenue, S.W.
Washington, DC 20202
My my. Is this really the best use of taxpayer dollars in a time of economic crisis? The Washington Post reports that these ego-enhancers can cost the public up to $35,000. Wouldn't a snapshot do? Still, if she's going to have a portrait, and if it isn't too late, maybe the artist can add a background relevant to her time as Secretary. Here are some suggestions:
- Rod Paige, getting pushed under a bus
- Buster the Bunny, and his lesbian friends, "threatening" America's children
- A piece of Ivory soap, with "NCLB" carved into it
- Chris Doherty, getting pushed under a bus
- Sketches of all of the tourist spots she visited on her international junkets
Got more ideas? Post ???em!