More By Author
February 14, 2011
February 18, 2011
March 07, 2011
We’re honored and humbled by the news that the EWA named Flypaper the best blog in the “education organizations and experts” category of its annual awards. We always thought Flypaper readers had great taste; now it’s official.
Second prize went to FERPA Fact, a publication of the Student Press Law Center and Ray Salazar of The White Rhino: A Chicago Latino English Teacher. Education Sector’s The Quick and the Ed received a special citation.
In explaining their decision, the judges wrote,
Are you new to Flypaper? Read the seven posts that cinched the award below.
1. The test score hypothesis
2. We don't judge teachers by numbers alone; the same should go for schools
3. Can schools spur social mobility?
4. The case for public-school choice in the suburbs
5. In praise of PBS Kids
6. Sandy Hook and school reform
7. Karen Lewis: The 2012 Education Person of the Year