What makes a great high school? In a new feature from Greatschools.net (see here) parents can find out what other parents of children in high schools are saying makes a high school great and study the schools for themselves. The list represents the diversity of Ohio's school sector-there are two district schools on the list, one charter school that serves drop-outs, an online virtual school, and a private school. Greatschools.net is an independent, nonprofit organization that rates schools across the country and it has the mission of improving schools by getting parents involved. The Top Five Ohio high school feature gives ratings for the following:
- Top Performing - Walnut Hills High School in Cincinnati (see here)
- Top Performing Low Income - Wadsworth High School in Wadsworth (see here)
- Most Improved - Life Skills Center of Southeast Ohio in Columbus (see here)
- Parents' Choice Public School - Ohio Virtual Academy High, a statewide cyberschool (see here)
- Parents' Choice Private School - Heartland Christian High School in Columbiana (see here)
Congratulations to these schools and others that are meeting the diverse needs of their students.